Department: Engineering Department
Date Available: 2022-05-05
- Are you driven to take your electrical engineering knowledge and quality assurance skills to the next level?
- Are you looking for a company where the concept of team and collaboration is a reality?
- Are you looking for a new company that believes that if YOU succeed, THEY succeed?
- If so, you might want to check out Powertronix!
We are Powertronix, a Foster City-based leading innovator and supplier of engineered power solutions, and we're looking for a new Electrical Engineer / QA Engineer to join our team. For the
past 30 years we have made it our priority to create power solutions that stand the test of time for critical applications in industries such as Medical, Renewable, Industrial Automation, Energy
Management, Power Quality, & Motion Control Industries. Check out our website at www.powertronix.com for more information about our company.
Our ideal Electrical Engineer candidate will be a technically-oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic, engineering professional who enjoys interacting with application engineering, sales, customers. We fully expect that your experience, drive, and oversight will not only benefit the growth of our company, but benefit your personal growth, as well.
Electrical Engineer Responsibilities:
- Provides technical expertise, and guides aspects of the technical design, development, testing, etc., to ensure our products are made to customer specification and domestic & international safety standards, while utilizing and demonstrating company-wide systems, communications and processes for smooth, efficient product development and production.
- Analyze customer needs, conduct technical sales presentations, and develop long term customer relationships to sell Powertronix products and services.
- Manages the progression and schedule of secured projects and coordinates with the customer and company personnel.
- Test and evaluate customer product returns, and assemble prototypes; document and communicate to sales, manufacturing, purchasing and customers, as required.
- Maintain ISO 9001:2015 QMS and ensure process effectiveness.
- Prepare various quality assurance documents such as environment and product compliance certificates, questionnaires, surveys, part and process qualification documents etc.
- Participates in the safety approval process of the products, marketing activities and technical development of products and services.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Electrical Engineering degree, with four years of applicable work experience and technical understanding and competence; with the ability to read technical formulas and mathematical concepts, interpret requirements, and clarify technical design.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret construction drawings and specifications, identify problems, gather data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and execute a plan to resolve the issue.
- An aptitude to find engineering solutions.
- Superior communication skills - must be able to speak articulately and professionally, and compose grammatically-correct correspondence and documentation.
- Proficiency with the MS Office Suite (mainly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word), Internet / Social Media tools, and common CRM programs.
- Must be confident, positive, proactive, high energy and self-motivated, with the ability to influence, build and sustain relationships with key decision makers.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a Team.
- Project management experience is highly desirable.