Technical Sales Engineer
Department: Business Development / Engineering
Date Available: 2022-05-05
- Are you driven to take your mechanical or electrical engineering knowledge and sales skills to the next level?
- Are you looking for a company where the concept of team and collaboration is a reality?
- Are you looking for a new company that believes that if YOU succeed, THEY succeed?
- Then you might want to check out Powertronix!
We are Powertronix, a Foster City-based leading innovator and supplier of engineered power solutions. For the past 30 years we have made it our priority to create power solutions that stand the test of time for critical applications in industries such as Medical, Renewable, Industrial Automation, Energy Management, Power Quality, & Motion Control Industries. Check out our website at www.Powertronix.com for more information about our company.
Our ideal candidate will be a technically-oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic, sales professional who enjoys interacting with client decision-makers. We fully expect that your experience, drive, and oversight will not only benefit the growth of our company, but benefit your personal growth, as well.
Technical Sales Engineer Responsibilities:
- Call / visit current and potential customers, analyze needs, conduct technical sales presentations, develop long term customer relationships to sell Powertronix products and services;
- Drive sales and promote Powertronix products and values based on the understanding that our products are not standard commodity “me-to” products, but instead, designed for the application-specific requirements;
- Assure that products are designed and developed to meet customer specifications and international safety standards;
- Provide engineering and solutions support to executive (C-level) clients, contractors, engineers, and sales support;
- Manage the progression and schedule of secured projects and coordinates with the customer and company personnel;
- Participate in the marketing, market planning and technical development of products and services;
- Initiate market research, analyzes needs, generates leads, engages key decision makers, follow through and closes the sale;
- Develop and maintain professional and personal relationships with key business account personnel;
- Deliver B2B sales presentations at client sites and trade shows to influences customers, develop and cultivate long-term relationships, and help close new business.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree, with applicable work experience and technical understanding and competence; with the ability to read technical formulas and mathematical concepts, interpret requirements, and clarify technical design;
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret construction drawings and specifications, identify problems, gather data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and execute a plan to resolve the issue;
- An aptitude and confidence for “Solutions” selling;
- Superior communication skills - must be able to speak articulately and professionally, and compose grammatically-correct correspondence and documentation;
- Willingness to travel domestically 25%;
- Proficiency with the MS Office Suite (mainly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word), Internet /Social Media tools, and common CRM programs.
- Must be a confident, positive, proactive, high energy and self-motivated, with the ability to influence, build and sustain relationships with key decision makers;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a Team;
- Project management experience is highly desirable.