Safety Standards are designed to ensure safety of products, activities and processes, and to assure users and consumers that a particular device is safe as designed and manufactured. Safety and regulatory agencies worldwide, (UL (United States), CSA (Canada), TUV (Germany), JET (Japan) and many others), are mainly concerned with shock hazard, fire hazard and EMI/RFI when evaluating transformers and power supplies.
Product certification to international safety standards is a critical step to successfully market and sell products worldwide. Safety Agency Approval marking of components and complete stand-alone power supply units are the passport to the world.
POWERTRONIX Toroidal Transformers and Power Supplies are Safety Approved and self-certified for UL, CSA and CE markings.
Powertronix has Safety Certificates from both North American and International Safety Standards, such as:
- UL60601/ AAMI ES60601-1 – Medical and Dental Equipment
- EN60601 – Medical and Dental Equipment for European installations
- EN60950 – Information Technology for European installation
- IEC 60601 – IEC medical standard worldwide. China, Japan etc.
- UL60950 – Information Technology Equipment
- UL61010 Safety Requirements for Electrical Equipment for Measurement, Control, and Laboratory Use
- UL506 - General Purpose Transformers File #
- UL508C - Standard for Power Conversion Equipment
- UL1411 – Audio, Radio and television appliances
- UL6500 Standard for Audio/Video and Musical Instrument Apparatus for Household
- UL60065 Standard for Audio, Video and Similar Electronic Apparatus
All Powertronix products are manufacture with RoHS compliant materials.
Download the Powertronix ISO Cert.