Responsible for Electrical Engineering, new product development and design and work closely with all staff members responsible for customer service, marketing, sales and purchasing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Engineering and QA
- Provide expert technical knowledge within the Powertronix team, supporting and guiding all aspects of the technical design, testing & inspection, sales, etc.
- Assist in the design and development of toroidal transformers and power supplies, and assure they are made to customer specification and international safety standards and communicate the information
- Make specifications - mechanical and electrical and support sales and engineering with the selection of electrical and mechanical components
- R & D activities to find solutions for market issues/problems and to document these activities in white papers.
- New product development together with Powertronix engineering group
- Test, evaluate, RMA's and assembled prototypes; document and communicate to sales, manufacturing, purchasing and customers, as required
- Review safety regulator standards ex UL 60601-1, UL 506, UL1411 etc and interpret requirements and clarify technical design requirements for particular applications
- Participate in safety approval process
- Test and evaluate RMA's; document and communicate to sales, manufacturing and customer, as required
- Analyze RMA's, generate reports, follow up proper implementation of corrective and preventive actions
- Work closely with safety regulatory bodies and drive the projects to get the approvals.
- Ensure ISO 9000 and process effectiveness
- Evaluate suppliers
- Inspect & approve that products are designed and developed to meet customer specifications and international safety standards.
- Analyze, contact and develop strong, supportive relationship with current and past customers providing technical expertise and an on-going connection
- Call / visit current and potential customers, analyze needs, conduct sales presentations, develop long term customer relationships to sell Powertronix products and services
- Create and deliver presentations for prospective customers at client sites, trade shows and in the office, and develop sales promotional material.
- Technical demonstrations to Powertronix team
- Furnish the internal sales and manufacturing with sales and application information.
- Utilize and role model company-wide systems, communications and processes for smooth, efficient product development and production.
- Assist with engineering marketing including web site content development and updates
- Engineering degree with 3+ years of applicable work experience and technical understanding and competence
- Must be positive, proactive, enthusiastic and self-driven
- Goal oriented, professional and business minded
- A self-starter who enjoys a “work hard, high standards” team culture
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with little direction
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, great people skills, project management & role model for others
- Ability to travel domestically.
- Working knowledge of Window programs such as MS Office Word, Excel, the Internet, and common CRM programs.