Responsible for participation in the design and development of transformers and power supplies; Support the logistics efforts with incoming and outgoing shipments / orders; Work closely with all staff members responsible for customer service, marketing and sales.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assure that products are designed and developed to meet customer specifications and international safety standards.
- Analyze, contact and develop strong, supportive relationship with current and past customers providing technical expertise and an on-going connection
- Call / visit current and potential customers, analyze needs, conduct sales presentations, develop long term customer relationships to sell Powertronix products and services
- Create and deliver presentations for prospective customers at client sites, trade shows and in the office, and develop sales promotional material.
- Technical demonstrations to engineering groups
- Prepare and deliver quotations, specifications and sales letters.
- Furnish the internal sales and manufacturing with sales and application information.
- Organize and systematically follow up on inquires and quotations.
- Utilize and role model company-wide systems, communications and processes for smooth, efficient product development and production.
- Assist with engineering marketing including web site content development and updates
- Provide expert technical knowledge within the Powertronix team, supporting and guiding all aspects of the technical design, testing, sales, etc.
- Assist in the design and development of toroidal transformers and power supplies, and assure they are made to customer specification and international safety standards
- Make specifications - mechanical and electrical
- Support sales and engineering with the selection of electrical and mechanical components
- Assist with new product development
- Test, evaluate, rework RMA's and assembled prototypes; document and communicate to sales, manufacturing and customers, as required
- Participate in safety approval process
- R & D activities to find solutions for market issues/problems and to document these activities in white papers.
- Read safety regulator standards ex UL 60601-1, UL 506, UL1411 etc and interpret requirements and clarify technical design requirements for particular applications
- Work closely with safety regulatory bodies and drive the projects to get the approvals.
- Ensure ISO 9000 and process effectiveness
- Evaluate suppliers
- Responsible for test reports and C of C including signing and approval
- Building prototypes, Rework and assemble prototypes
- Engineering degree with 3+ years of applicable work experience and technical understanding and competence
- Must be positive, proactive, enthusiastic and self-driven
- Goal oriented, professional and business minded
- A self-starter who enjoys a “work hard, high standards” team culture
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with little direction
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, great people skills, project management & role model for others
- Ability to travel domestically.
- Working knowledge of Window programs such as MS Office Word, Excel, the Internet, and common CRM programs.